Sunday, October 28, 2018

 

Post Screen Obsession Stress Syndrome


SCREEN OBSESSION AND MENTAL ENTANGLEMENT

Abstract:

CINEMA AND TELEVISION RECLUSION
Published Research (March 2013 to today) and
[Reviews (02/02/2016 to 10/24/2018) see annex at the end]
Dr. Jacques COULARDEAU


Cinema and television are obsessional for me and there is no way to get out of this Post Screen Obsessional Stress Syndrome. I enjoy it so much I could not survive without my dose every day. 
I found the best description of this obsession in Marshall McLuhan and his extensions of man’s psyche, nervous system, mind and body. The cinema has become a way to discover the world the way it is where I cannot go and in its past reality and its future dystopia or utopia. 
It provides me with a main way to think and meditate in an all-sensorial approach of life. I mean all my senses are at work in such an experience, not the way McLuhan says about television (all your senses have to agree and feel comfortable with what they see at once from the very start) but in my own way: all senses are active all the time on high alert and intensively connected with my thinking virtual device, my mind and my knowledge.
It is also the way to experience very deep feelings, emotions, even passions and fears within the time frame of that experience knowing that when the watching comes to an end this intense state of excitement will reach its own closure, though I can reopen it any time by plugging myself into another film, another episode of another series. 
I have here collected several chapters centering on one series or one filmmaker or any other unitary element. Some of these chapters are in fact short introductions with links to full files in the cloud. You just have to click on the links to go to the files. I have also collected more than ninety reviews of independent films or series not covered here. This set of more than ninety reviews is in free open access on Academia.edu at https://www.academia.edu/37660324/Screen_obsession_REVIEWS
Olliergues, France, October 27, 2018

Research Interests:





Screen obsession REVIEWS

MISCELLANEOUS REVIEWS FROM FEBRUARY 2, 2016 TO OCTOBER 27, 2018 

Abstract:
Cinema and television have become obsessions in us over the years and today with the large flat screen we have, with a universal, all zone and all standard DVD and Bluray reader we can access all the films that are available in the whole world on a material or virtual digital medium directly at home.
In the following pages I have collected all the reviews published on various sites, particularly various Amazon national branches over about the last thirty-two months. It is the accompanying companion of a book published on its own on the same site under the title “Screen Obsession and Mental Entanglement.” 
Be sure I also have plenty of music, operas, books and other cultural artifacts in the field of research and reviews (I recently finished a 13,000 word article on Benjamin Britten’s operas), plus creative writing (the latest poetry volume is An Untellable Story, A Dramatic Confession, The Nineteen stations of Saraphic Love, Amazon Kindle, ASIN B00UP4CX88)  and at the same time I go on with my basic research on the phylogeny of language with Homo Sapiens over the last 250,000 years, plus the psychogenesis of language in our modern world from before birth to adult age. 
This to say cinema and television are like hobbies for me when I get into screen reclusion, at least a couple of hours a day, not to speak of pure computer work.
For you to be able to find what is in this volume I have built a full table of contents with page numbers. Have a good navigation.
Olliergues, France, October 27, 2018

Research Interests:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?