Saturday, August 27, 2016

 

Jacques Coulardeau & Dexter at Academia.edu (46)


DEXTER
EIGHT BOOKS
AND EIGHT SEASONS
AND THE AUTHOR IS PROUD
HE MANAGED TO KILL DEXTER
IN THE MOST AWKWARD WAY POSSIBLE
LIKE A REAL AMATEURISH ASSASSIN ! ! !
Dr Jacques COULARDEAU
Dexter's Death is a Cope Out
https://www.academia.edu/20039818/Dexters_Death_is_a_Cope_Out

I discovered Dexter on bus stops in Paris. Advertisements for the series. I was curious. I got the omnibus, the first three novels. Then I was infested and I ordered the first four seasons or so and all the books and since then the sequels and new seasons.

I have lost some mental weight with him but I think he is becoming slightly too religious in his sixth season, and what’s more very one-sided, or should I say three-sided? I am not sure since the three religions behind it all come from the same melting pot.

What is interesting is the idea that some people have a dark passenger who makes them kill, and that dark passenger is a guest that comes in when a child is traumatized in a way or another in his/her very young age. That’s slightly simple minded. But that creates a good character for a thriller, especially when one of these criminals with dark passengers has been trained or retrained – in order to be refrained – into only killing people who deserve to die because they are evil. I have already seen that in Anne Rice’s vampires, witches and recently werewolves.

But what is evil, great master?

Evil is what I consider evil, though killing is what makes me full, gives me happiness, and what’s more it replaces any kind of enjoyment. This darkly-inhabited social protector comes, or should I write cums, by killing and in killing. The rest is nothing but blah blah to feel better, though he will never tell anyone.

And imagine your own sister seeing you in the act ! ! ! Yum, yum, I like that indeed. And pass me the knife over and pass me the salt over and pass me the red blood over. 

Unluckily it got short lived on TV with its eighth season when he gets “killed” and in fact escape punishment. But he also gets killed in the eighth book and this time sloppily, rapidly, urgently. Killed, disposed of and liquidated. The author is obviously bored with his character and since a character is expendable, let’s kill him and forget about it

Shame on you! No author gas that divine right of life and death!

 
Research Interests:

Sociology of Crime and Deviance, Trauma Studies, Police, Psychopathology, Brotherhood, Serial killers (Anthropology), Psychopathy, Florida Archaeology, Post traumatic stress disorder, Serial killers, Florida history, Blood, PTSS, Florida Everglades, Psychological Implications and role of sisters and brothers on identity, and Miami

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?